Free School Meals
FSM Vouchers 2022-2023
In place of holiday vouchers, Norfolk County Council will issue a £15 voucher per child, per month. For December an additional £30 will be issued by the 2nd December. These vouchers will be issued until April 2023.
Families in hardship and needing wider support
In addition to the offer of FSM vouchers for eligible families, there is support available for families who are facing hardship and need support.
Anyone experiencing hardship may be able to receive support through the Norfolk Assistance Scheme (NAS), which may be able to provide support for food, fuel, clothes, and other essential household items to families experiencing hardship.
Wider support from a range of partners can then also be made available with NAS working alongside the Children's Services Community and Partnerships service.
Families may get in touch with NAS via their dedicated website which includes an online application form, or if they cannot access the internet, they can call 0344 800 8020.
Do you qualify?
Your child may be able to get Free School Meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers' Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit 'run-on' - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
Children who get any of the above benefits in their own right (ie. they get benefits payments directly, instead of through a parent or guardian) can also get Free School Meals.
Children under the compulsory school age who are in full-time education may also be able to get Free School Meals.
For further information or any queries you may have please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on Free School Meals and to download an application form please visit the Norfolk County Council website: