Synergy Multi-Academy Trust is made up of schools, both secondary and primary, from north Norfolk. The Trust was initially established by Reepham High School and College in 2015. Our vision is simple; for all of our schools to work together to provide teaching and learning of the highest quality and for all of them to provide an exceptional range of educational experiences and opportunities.
Click the image on the right to read our little booklet to tell you all about Reepham High School & College’s ‘Allotment Project’.
- It all started on one cold winter morning in February 2015, on a barren part of the school grounds, with one teacher and two volunteers.
- In 2017 there are now over 50 volunteers, of all ages, helping to grow organic produce for the school. All produce is used in school kitchen to show children the importance of locally sourced food or it is sold the local market to connect to our local community.
- Almost every part of the allotment has be built using recycled items such as old school fire doors, wooden pallets, sinks and car tyres.
- We collect all our own rainwater and, out of principle, we never use any fossil fuels to help us maintain the allotment site. Cutting the grass, for example, is done using sickles and scythes. We even make our own compost as nothing is wasted!
- Children help out because they want to and often give up their lunch hour to get stuck in as there is always lots to do!
- The Allotment Project also provides an area for young people to chill and blow off steam away from the indoor classroom.