Synergy Multi-Academy Trust is made up of schools, both secondary and primary, from north Norfolk. The Trust was initially established by Reepham High School and College in 2015. Our vision is simple; for all of our schools to work together to provide teaching and learning of the highest quality and for all of them to provide an exceptional range of educational experiences and opportunities.
Gifted & Talented
RHSC places particular emphasis on making sure its most able pupils and students achieve to their full potential.
The school does not normally enter pupils early for GCSE examinations. We know that top universities want students with grades 7 - 9 at GCSE and believe that early entry can harm a pupil's prospects.
However, in special circumstances where a pupil has an advanced knowledge of a subject, we do consider early entry. For example, we have had pupils who have lived abroad and are subsequently already fluent in another language. In such cases early entry would be appropriate.
In order to stretch the most able,
- pupils are set in some subjects at the start of Year 7 and in nearly all subjects by the start of Year 8
- ready high attaining pupils are tracked to ensure progress is maintained
- lessons are designed to stretch the most able and teacher expectations are high.
In addition, the most able are given numerous other opportunities to develop their skills:
- writing for the school magazine
- participating in debates
- acting as international ambassadors
- participating in a whole range of opportunities to travel abroad
- participation in music, cultural and sporting activities
Designed to enrich, extend and accelerate the learning of our more able pupils.
Below are six challenges designed specifically for Gifted and Talented pupils. If you are interested in trying one of them, go and see Mlle Teillet who will give you a copy for you to complete at home. Once completed, tasks should be handed in to Mlle Teillet. The best piece of work for each challenge will receive a certificate and a prize.