In Year 10 and Year 11, pupils receive five hours a fortnight of Child Development lessons and are taught in a mixed ability group. In addition to timetabled lessons, we offer sessions at lunchtimes to students who would like extra support.
Exam Specification: OCR – Cambridge Nationals Child Development Level 1/Level 2 (J809)
Pupils learn about the following topics:
- Pre-conception health and reproduction
- Antenatal care, preparation for birth and postnatal care.
- Childhood illnesses
- How to create a safe environment for children
- The nutritional needs of children
- The physical, intellectual and social development norms and how play benefits development.