Synergy Multi-Academy Trust is made up of schools, both secondary and primary, from north Norfolk. The Trust was initially established by Reepham High School and College in 2015. Our vision is simple; for all of our schools to work together to provide teaching and learning of the highest quality and for all of them to provide an exceptional range of educational experiences and opportunities.
Welcome to The Child Development Department
Child Development is taught in Key Stage Four (Years 10 and 11) by Mrs John and Mrs Chapman.
We aim to help students develop their knowledge and understanding of child development issues in our diverse society. This subject is an excellent starting point for a career in the health, care or education sectors.
- At present there is one mixed ability group in Year 10 (five hours a fortnight) and one in Year 11 (five hours a fortnight).
- In addition to timetabled lessons, we offer sessions at lunchtimes to students who would like extra support.
- Students follow the OCR Cambridge National course.
Accommodation and Resources
Child Development is taught in EN8 which is in the main corridor downstairs. We have an excellent selection of resources including DVDs, booklets, reference books, textbooks and four Real Care virtual babies.
Extra Curricular Activity
- The virtual babies may be borrowed for the weekend to experience the demands of caring for an infant. Each baby’s computer tracks its care and safe handling which is then evaluated back in school.
- We often invite professionals to come and talk to students about their job role. Past guests have included midwives, social workers, nurses and nursery staff.
- The pupils also have the opportunity to witness a young baby’s bath routine and to speak to the parent about his or her experience of being a parent.
- Year 11 pupils will also attend a first aid session which is run by Mrs Sands.
Mrs John September 2019